American Diner Style Pancakes
Fluffy, slightly sweet and perfectly stackable, these pancakes are exactly like those you’d find in a good American diner.
- 120 g self raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 ml whole milk
- In a bowl, add self raising flour, salt and caster sugar. Mix well.
- Add the egg and whole milk. Whisk thoroughly until a medium thick, smooth batter is formed, adding a little more milk if necessary. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add a touch of oil or butter to lightly grease the pan. This will ensure the pancakes don’t stick to the pan as they cook.
- Pour 1 ladle of batter into the pan and cook the pancake for around 1 minute on the first side. When bubbles are formed and the pancake begins to set around the edges, use a flat spatula to flip the pancake. Cook for a further 30-40 seconds on the other side. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, stacking the pancakes in a clean, dry tea towel as they are cooked.
- Serve the pancakes with your favourite toppings (in this case, crispy bacon, maple syrup and softened butter).